The Board of Directors
- The Board of Directors is elected and convened at the annual meeting of the Association which takes place at the annual trade show in the fall.
- Historically the Board consists of a six person Executive Committee and between 15-24 Directors who are all members in good standing with the Association.
- The Executive Committee of the Board of Directors is comprised of:
- Chairman of the Board
- Immediate Past Chairman of the Board
- Vice Chair of Restaurants
- Vice Chair of Lodging
- Vice Chair of Allied Members
- Secretary Treasurer
- At the Annual meeting the Chairman of the Board is elected and assumes responsibility for a one year term. Once the Chairman has completed the term he or she has all the privileges and voting rights of a Director for life. The Chairman will alternate between a Lodging member and a Restaurant member. No Allied Member can be Chairman of the Board.
- The Vice Chairs and the Treasurer are elected by and from the Board of Directors. Once elected to the Executive Committee each Lodging and Restaurant appointment will progress to Chairman of the Board. The newest appointment to the Executive Committee will assume the duties of Secretary Treasurer.
- Directors are elected to a 3 year term with a maximum of two terms allowed and a minimum of one year off between terms.
- All Board meetings are open to members of the Association. Members attending cannot vote or participate in the dialogue and discussion but are welcome to observe.
- The President and C.E.O. is hired by a three person panel that consists of the current Chairman of the Board, the Immediate Past Chairman of the Board and the Incoming Chairman of the Board.
- The balance of the full time NHLRA staff positions are:
- Chief Operations Officer
- Strategic Partnership and Member Programs Manager
- NHLRA Education Manager and Liaison to Travel Council
- Part time staff positions are:
- Worker's Compensation Trust Sales
- NH Sustainable Lodging & Restaurant Program Manager
The Constitution and By-Laws